In this post, you will find information about:
- Timeline of end of support for Atlassian Server products
- Important benefits of Atlassian Cloud
- kreuzwerker’s roadmap for Journey to the Cloud
- kreuzwerker’s complimentary services to advance your journey to the Cloud
- Data residency and BaFin on Atlassian Cloud
As you might know, Atlassian has decided to end support and maintenance services for its Server products. What exactly does this mean for you?
- Since February 2, 2021, you haven’t been able to purchase a new Server license.
- Starting February 2, 2022, you won’t be able to upgrade/downgrade your user tier for your Server products.
- Starting February 2, 2023, you won’t be able to purchase a new app for your existing Server products.
- Finally, starting February 2, 2024, there will be no support provided by Atlassian for your Server products.
What are you supposed to do with your Server products then? You either migrate to Data Center or to the Cloud. Actually, it is a great opportunity to plan your journey to the Cloud. Despite commonly faced misconceptions regarding Atlassian Cloud, there are many valid reasons to choose the Cloud deployment. Just to name a few:
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership → Since Atlassian Cloud hosts, stores and maintains your data for you, you don’t need to think about setup, implementation, maintenance, performance and upgrade expenses.
- Free migration trial licenses → To see how good the Cloud deployment fits your organization as an existing Server or Data Center customer, you can use “Extended Cloud trial licenses” for up to 12 months without paying extra for another license.
- Loyalty discounts → For existing Server or Data Center customers who have more than 1,000 users, Atlassian offers up to 40% loyalty discounts until 30 June 2023 when migrating to the Cloud. This discount can be locked in up to 24 months.
- Extensive migration support from Atlassian → Atlassian offers responsible migration tools so that you can migrate to the Cloud step-by-step and at your own pace. For instance, the “Jira Cloud Migration Assistant” helps you to migrate your data project-by-project, while the “Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant” allows you to migrate users, groups, spaces and attachments over time.
How kreuzwerker journies to the Cloud
We are aware that migrating to the Atlassian Cloud is not always easy. Atlassian provides an extensive migration support, but this is not sufficient in all cases - especially with complex setups and many individual customizations. However, with our experienced team who have already migrated numerous instances successfully, we are ready to assist you on your journey to the Cloud. Let’s take a look at how we work when it comes to advance your business with Cloud technology:
- As the first step of your journey to the Cloud is called “Assess”, we understand your requirements. We investigate if your current landscape with your apps and integrations are ready for the Cloud. After this investigation, we build your team consisting of dedicated people for the migration project.
- As the third step of your journey to the Cloud is named “Prep”, we first communicate the migration plan with stakeholders so that they can continue to work with minimum disruption. Later in this step, we come up with a plan for cleaning up your data. Indeed, this migration is the perfect chance to get back the full control of your data so that you can have a fresh start to your Cloud instance without any redundancy, such as unused apps or data duplications. Then, we complete your pre-migration checklist and install your Cloud apps before running your test migration.
- The fourth step is called “Test”, in which we test your system with various methods, such as user acceptance testing. Based on the results of your migration test, together we pick a date for go-live of your production system. Moreover, we prepare training materials for your team to adapt better to the differences between your previous instance and the Cloud. And of course, we keep continue to communicate the project updates and progresses with the stakeholders continuously.
- Then, we proceed with the fifth step: “Migrate”, which is “the step” in which all the work invested in the previous phases comes to action. We check if everything is ready and then migrate your data to your Cloud site. At the end of migration, we check if your data is migrated accurately and everything is going according to the plan.
- The final step is called “Launch” and this is where we welcome your team to your fresh new Cloud instance. Before celebrating our successful conclusion of this migration project, we make sure that you have what you need and feel comfortable with your new setup.
After gaining an insight into kreuzwerker’s Roadmap for journey to the Cloud, please do not hesitate to contact our migration experts to see how we can assist you on your journey to the Cloud.
There is more we can offer you!
Since we also offer license management service, we have you covered from A to Z if you decide to work together with us. In fact, we can provide you with a price overview for your licenses including cost advantages and other benefits - you can always visit our website for more information.
About data residency and BaFin issues on Atlassian Cloud
As you might have heard, Atlassian has included the data residency feature into all Cloud plans natively. Thanks to this feature, without any extra payment, you can choose where your Atlassian Cloud data is hosted: Your data can be stored in Frankfurt am Main, Germany and as a backup in Dublin, Ireland. Moreover, Atlassian is planning to invest in BaFin compliance for Cloud versions of Jira Software and Confluence in order to carry out regulations required by EU financial services industry. In 2022, it will be possible for organizations in banking and insurance industries to deploy Atlassian Cloud more conveniently.
So, isn’t it time to talk about your journey to the Cloud?
Clearly, Atlassian is heavily investing on the Cloud to provide you with comprehensive functionalities that results in gaining a real competitive advantage. If you are curious to advance your business with the power of Atlassian Cloud, we can set up a free and no-obligation session to see how we can assist you on your your journey to the Cloud. Either contact us via email or go ahead and book a time for your session!