“At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.” - 12 Principles of Agile Manifesto
The retrospective is the primary method used in agile frameworks to boost improvement cycles.
For agile or scrum teams it’s absolutely crucial for analyzing finished work as well as how this work was carried out within a team.
On the organizational level it’s used to provide feedback on business processes, initiatives and/or communication lines within a company or department.
If designed effectively and implemented consistently, it has the power to become an exceptionally potent habit of contextual learning.
With the right attitude, helpful questions and facilitation skills, learn to use this method in order to bring your team to the next level and improve as a department or even as a company.
In this training you will learn:
- How to explain to stakeholders why the retrospective is a useful format for the team and organization
- How to craft and run an effective retrospective
- The structure, questions and dynamics of the method
- The benefits of helpful digital tools
Our approach to training
“We remember 10% of what we read, 20% of what we hear, 30% of what we see, and 90% of what we do.” - Edgar Dale
Making this the basis of our philosophy, this training will be hands-on and full of practical exercises, teamwork and discussions.
- Retrospective - A habit of improvement
- Retrospective prime directive and ground rules
- How to master the retrospective
- The retrospective dynamics
- How to start with retrospectives immediately
- Helpful online tools
- Retrospective FAQs
This course is designed for anyone interested in the topic of improvement, specifically team improvement, reflection and learning cycles. Engineers & Developers, Agile Team Members, Scrum Masters, Products Owners or any other members of teams who want to grow are welcome.
1 - Introductory
None, but there will be a small task up front.
- Stable Internet connection
- Headphones and Microphone
- Miro Login (invitation will be sent in advance)
Half day course: 4 hour session with practical examples
Interested in this training? Please get in touch!